Monday, October 20, 2014

Starburst: Merry & Bright

Ooops...I missed last week's Tuesday Tutorial, so I'll share two this week (kind of).

It was my pleasure to demonstrate the Starburst (or Sunburst) technique last week at Jill Olsen's Stamp Together in St. George and these are some of the cards I showed how to make:
Wanna know what's cool about these cards? I made 4 starbursts all at the same time by cutting a stack of 4 pieces of paper! I used the awesome tutorial by Sharon Cheng here. Seriously easy...go watch it now and remember the measurements for the DSP are 3"x4". The first card stock layer is 4-7/8" x 3-5/8", and the next layer is usually 5-1/4" x 4", then the card itself (a half sheet of 8.5" x 11" paper, folded in half). 


I cut the star with the Stars Framelits and Big Shot, then scored with my Simply Scored board (on the silver side) of the star from point to opposite indentation, on all points. Then just fold and mount on some Stampin' Dimensionals :) So shiny!

They are even sparklier in person!
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

In case you can't get enough stars, check out the new Many Merry Stars Kit from the new Holiday Supplement...and the fun project ideas for this and other products on the Pinterest board HERE.

post signature

No comments: